Last week we celebrated HAYVN’s second anniversary. Back in 2019, when HAYVN was just born, if you asked owner Felicia Rubinstein what she wanted for her Darien coworking space, she would have probably told you what any new mom would: health, happiness and success.
Of course, in addition to being the “mom” of a new business, Felicia is the experienced mother of two young adults. So, she likely knew that the joys of health, happiness and success would come with several servings of trials and challenges.
And, because Felicia has more than two decades of business experience, she may have predicted the tests of HAYVN’s first years: marketing demands, acquiring new members, and summoning the ultimate shared office space from her vision.
But, what Felicia (and the rest of us) didn’t see coming was something that would almost define what HAYVN is today.
The pandemic and its surprises would require a pivot in thinking, planning, and execution if Felicia was to carry her “child” through the rough waters and on to sunny skies.
HAYVN, like its members, navigated through what for many was one of the most difficult times our society had ever faced. With so many moving to Fairfield County CT in 2020 there were plenty of new arrivals seeking a place to work. And, everyone involved is stronger for the journey.
It was amazing to see how people rose to the challenges in a time of great disruption. Some of HAYVN’s key programs and achievements over the past year are:
- HAYVN HALFTIMES — We held over 150 virtual lunch and learn events to engage our members while they were on lockdown.
- HAYVN HUB INTERNSHIPS — HAYVN provided over 30 businesses with 35 interns last summer, and partnered with LiveGirl’s She Works Career-Readiness program to make this happen.
- HATCH/HATCH(let) — Three times each year the HATCH Founding Partners bring you a unique women-centric pitch night. The HATCHLET program is a pitch night for young female business & social entrepreneurs age 16-22.
- COMMUNITY OUTREACH — Working with local and national organizations around Fairfield County, HAYVN provided a platform for partnerships and virtual forums to encourage community connections.
- HAYVN LAUNCH — is an incubator program for female founders that takes a practical, hand-on approach to build deliverables investors expect. Hosted at HAYVN, this 10-week course is offered in-person or on Zoom.
- MASTERMINDs — From marketing to coaching to health and wellness, HAYVN created special interest groups to meet regularly virtually to maintain connection and support.
- MEDITATION WALKS — Since last summer, once a week members meet for a morning walk and meditation.
- ROOTS AND WINGS — HAYVN saw that the people in their 20’s were struggling during the pandemic, members at HAYVN offered their expertise to help this group explore career directions.
- VIRTUAL OFFICE — Support services for members who wish to work remotely but still need access to basic office services.
- PART-TIME PRIVATE OFFICES — This service offers “fractional” private office for those professionals who only need 8 to 12 hours a week for Zoom calls, meetings or a quiet workspace outside the house but are not ready for a full office space commitment.
- CTNext PARTNERSHIP — HAYVN received a grant from CTNext in October 2020, to officially be recognized for creating programs designed to help entrepreneurs grow businesses, jobs, and revenues in Connecticut.
B Corp Certification — On June 5, 2021 HAYVN became B Corporation Certified. Because HAYVN believes when female entrepreneurs and small business owners come together, magic happens in all aspects of their lives.
So, now we’re nearly halfway through 2021 and HAYVN is ready to fully open up — along with the rest of the world. And, in tandem with celebrating that we’re about done with masks, it’s time for HAYVN to celebrate its anniversary!
Celebrating the HAYVN Magic
Things have an interesting way of working out despite ups and downs. None of us at HAYVN dreamt we’d have to deal with all we did this past year. But, in the end, the troubles brought us closer together.
The last two years solidified HAYVN as a family. It hasn’t been easy, but we have an amazing team that pulled it together and got us over the hurdle. Some of our team members have moved on to the next adventure in their lives.
We call this bond and experience “HAYVN Magic” and it’s something that more people each day want to know. When work-from-home moms and enterprising business owners start their search for a “virtual office in Darien,” “coworking space near me,” or “coworking space in Darien CT, or Stamford, Norwalk, Westport, New Canaan etc.” they find us online.
Then, they visit us in person and learn about our events, workshops, conference rooms, a podcast room, a private office with a dedicated desk, lounge, kitchenette, reception area, and supportive services like technology, marketing, and healthcare access.
What follows is coworking membership in a community where people connect over drinks and good food and learn about shared goals and common experiences.
Celebrate the HAYVN Coworking Magic
HAYVN is officially turning TWO and all our community was invited to the party! We had about 60 people join us at HAYVN’s Second Anniversary Party and celebrate this magical coworking space in Darien, CT.
“Two mantras helped me through these crazy times,” Felicia said. “‘Carry your sunshine’ and ‘obstacles create your path.’ Now it’s time to come together in real life, celebrate all that we’ve accomplished together, and create new paths forward.
Of course, we served Carolyn’s Absolutely Fabulous Food, along with Tuck Gin, East Coast Kambucha and other goodies.
Founded in 2018, HAYVN is a flexible workspace for enterprising women (and men) to connect, create and grow. Along with a vibrant & engaged coworking community of entrepreneurs and business professionals, HAYVN is a business HUB, offering short- and long-term office space leases, meeting rooms rentals, and events to support local businesses. HAYVN is proud to be a Certified B Corporation™ and a CTNext partner. We believe in using the power of business to build a more inclusive and sustainable economy and have met the highest verified standards of social and environmental performance, transparency, and accountability. HAYVN’s workshops and signature programs encourage women of all colors and ages and acts as an incubator for developing skills and pursuing funding. Visit our beautiful safe ‘HAYVN’ in Fairfield County, CT at 320 Boston Post Road, Darien, CT, 06820.