Sustainability and Social Impact
Are you interested in learning about Sustainability and exploring topics/trends to make a difference?
Hear from experts, have social impact in our community, connect with like-minded peers. Free monthly meetings at HAYVN from 10–11am.
Explore — Ask Questions — Have Social Impact — Make a Difference
HAYVN Sustainability/Social Impact Group is spearheaded by Sam Cherubin and Lisa Miniter.
This group brings like-minded people together to explore and understand what is happening today to help our planet, and ourselves, build a more sustainable future.
Each of us can make a difference!
4 Reasons to Join
- Explore – How to live sustainably to meet our needs without compromising future generations
- Ask Questions – Explore a wide range of topics from monthly featured speakers
- Have Social Impact – Promote social equity and inclusion
- Make a Difference – Learn new ways to live, work and play in more sustainable-driven communities.
Admission is Free
Monthly Meetings: 10-11am in-person at HAYVN.
Stories from Startups in Sustainability — Feb. 17, 2023
Heather K. Terry
Come join a lively conversation on how two CT-based market leaders have navigated their early-stage companies into formidable brands across the increasingly crowded space of sustainability-driven food brands and retailers, in Fairfield County and beyond.
Our two experts will share their stories of inspiration and challenge to determination and success on how sustainability-driven products can truly create actionable change with commitment!
Our topics will include –
- How embedding sustainability with transparency in the consumer realm of products can empower your business growth… beyond just profits.
- Learn the growing role of how sustainable food systems support today’s critical food issues though the real stewards of our land, the small landholder farmers.
- Understanding early-stage sustainable-driven food product trends, who the customer is, how influential is the marketing, and what matters in sustainable-driven customer loyalty…..while growing an early-stage food business.
- Integrating sustainability efforts is no longer just about the company mission…it’s action and results. What are the success stories, and does sustainability play an influential role in early stage market growth?
Mark Your Calendars!
- Feb. 17, 2023 – Stories from Startups in Sustainability. SIGN UP
- Mar. 17, 2023 – Living the Circular Economy Lifestyle – Textiles, Furnishings, Clothing. SIGN UP
- Apr. 21, 2023 – Women in Sustainability – Pop Up Market
- May 19, 2023 – Sustainability in Food Production, Packaging
- June 16, 2023 – Sustainability in Food Waste, Composting, Part 2
- July 21, 2023 – The Quest for Nutritional Perfection
- Aug. 18, 2023 – Trends in Climate Science – How is the World Changing, What Can you Do Now?
- Sept. 15, 2023 – How To Get Your Footprint Rooted in Sustainability
- Oct. 20, 2023 – Women in Sustainability
- Nov. 17, 2023 – Learnings from Larger Brands – How They are Creating Positive Change with Messaging
- Dec. 15, 2023 – The Better For YOU Transformation! Natural Food Innovation
About Sam Cherubin and Lisa Miniter
During his tenure at Elevance, he has focused on designing innovative, sustainable solutions for climate impacts on health. Previous roles include serving as Elevance’s Senior Product Manager/Strategist from 2017 to 2020 and as Product Manager for a boutique consulting firm from 2008 to 2017.
Lisa Miniter is a versatile B2B2C market strategist and partnerships developer who integrates a strong creative orientation in building partnership frameworks, sales development, go-to-market planning, and strategic business writing. Additionally, she has capabilities in conceptualizing and selling multi-level media packaging with an emphasis on early-stage platforms. Her sales management experience with integrated media sales has included the U.S., Mexico, and Europe.
Primary Industries: Sustainability, Regenerative Ag, Hotels, Wellness/Nutrition.