Sustainability and Social Impact
Are you interested in learning about Sustainability and exploring topics/trends to make a difference?
Hear from experts, have social impact in our community, connect with like-minded peers. Free monthly meetings at HAYVN from 10–11am.
Explore — Ask Questions — Have Social Impact — Make a Difference
HAYVN Sustainability/Social Impact Group is spearheaded by Sam Cherubin and Lisa Miniter.
This group brings like-minded people together to explore and understand what is happening today to help our planet, and ourselves, build a more sustainable future.
Each of us can make a difference!
4 Reasons to Join
- Explore – How to live sustainably to meet our needs without compromising future generations
- Ask Questions – Explore a wide range of topics from monthly featured speakers
- Have Social Impact – Promote social equity and inclusion
- Make a Difference – Learn new ways to live, work and play in more sustainable-driven communities.
Admission is Free
Monthly Meetings: 10-11am in-person at HAYVN.
Connecticut Government Outlook — Sustainability Policies/Progress, November 15, 2023
CT Government Outlook — Sustainability Policies/Progress with Dominique Johnson, local CT State Representative 143rd District
Come join a lively conversation on learning a comprehensive update on our Government’s Sustainability Outlook in 2024! Joining us from the State’s General Assembly is our local State Representative 143rd District, Dominique Johnson.
MORE DETAILS :
Diverse topics on the Impact of Connecticut’s Sustainability Leadership – 2024 includes:
1. Learn what to expect from the State’s ongoing Climate Law efforts for 2024, including the State’s 100% carbon free electric grid.
2. Understand the best practices of GreenerGovCT, and our State Agencies’ many initiatives to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, water use, waste disposal and much more!
3. Stay updated on the integral role of the Connecticut GREEN BANK (the nation’s first ever Green Bank!) whose mission is to spark a thriving green energy marketplace of accelerating affordable adoption across residences, cities, and non-profits.
4. Meeting the needs of all State municipalities with SustainableCT! From local actions and educational initiatives to certifying communities that drive participation across multiple areas that define the “every day” of a sustainability lifestyle.
ABOUT OUR SPEAKER:
Rep. Johnson is the State Representative for Norwalk/Westport for the Connecticut General Assembly.
Sustainability Holiday Vendor Pop Up Shop: Special Event — December 5, 2023
You’re Invited to HAYVN’s Sustainability Holiday Vendor Pop Up Shop on December 5th from 4-8pm
Socialize, support local businesses, explore sustainable brands, products, and services. Enjoy snacks and beverages while walking around and shopping.
General admission: $10
HAYVN Members: Free (with promo code)
About Sam Cherubin and Lisa Miniter
During his tenure at Elevance, he has focused on designing innovative, sustainable solutions for climate impacts on health. Previous roles include serving as Elevance’s Senior Product Manager/Strategist from 2017 to 2020 and as Product Manager for a boutique consulting firm from 2008 to 2017.
Lisa Miniter is a versatile B2B2C market strategist and partnerships developer who integrates a strong creative orientation in building partnership frameworks, sales development, go-to-market planning, and strategic business writing. Additionally, she has capabilities in conceptualizing and selling multi-level media packaging with an emphasis on early-stage platforms. Her sales management experience with integrated media sales has included the U.S., Mexico, and Europe.
Primary Industries: Sustainability, Regenerative Ag, Hotels, Wellness/Nutrition.