2020 has been a pretty bleak period for in-person meetings. Even so, here at HAYVN in Darien, CT we are now beginning to see demand for safe, flexible meeting and conference rooms that offer social distancing as people seek to get out of the house. Coworking spaces can provide a safe, workable solution for meeting room rentals. We all adapted to working from home in short order last march March. Companies like Zoom have seen a dramatic increase in adoption, as people turn to technology to communicate. In March there were 27 million mobile downloads for Zoom alone.
After six months, many people still share a single home internet connection between 4-5 family members. Bedrooms, dining rooms, dens and living rooms have transformed into informal workspaces and meeting rooms. It is not sustainable.
Entrepreneurs and small businesses need meeting space outside the home. There are times when virtual meetings from home are just not going to cut it. Bigger companies also need overflow or remote space also as larger workplaces reopen. When adopting new and safe protocols to keep employees healthy, there is not always enough space for everyone on a given day.
It’s All Coming Back: Coworking Meeting Rooms and Conference Rooms
We’re not out of the woods yet, but it is good to see people begin to return to a semblance of normalcy in our daily routines. By addressing room density and usage, coworking spaces like HAYVN are well-poised to serve those looking for fully-functional rooms to hold small meetings. Interviews with HAYVN members provided insights into creating the strict safety measures and room layout adjustments that were made to make people feel comfortable. Here are the ways we have rethought HAYVN to make it safe and accommodating.
Huddle / Podcast Room
- Then: This room is excellent for creating Podcasts or just for 5 people meetings
- Now: The room is ideal for podcasting or two-person socially distanced meetings. When you need complete noise reduction and sound-proofing for your live online broadcasting sessions, this is an alternative to renting a studio.
Mini Meeting Room
- Then: This small space is a perfect space for a one-on-one meeting or a long conference call.
- Now: This private and compact room is perfect for one-person to attend virtual meetings or conference calls.
Sheffield Conference Room
- Then: Large conference room – beautiful views, flexible for workshops, can seat up to 25 people.
- Now: Large conference room – beautiful views, flexible for mini-workshops, can seat up to 5-7 people. Management meetings can be done in-person following social distancing measures.
Pear Tree – The Living Room
- Then: A comfortable meeting room as if you were sitting in your own home entertaining. Seats 10 people.
- Now: A comfortable meeting room as if you were sitting in your own home entertaining. Seats 3 people. Perfect for exploratory meetings.
Long Neck Conference Room
- Then: Beautiful light-filled room for quiet meetings – seats ten around a table, WIFI access, large monitor.
- Now: Beautiful light-filled room for quiet meetings – seats 3-4 around a table, WIFI access, large screen monitor – perfect for small BoD meetings, training, or project kickoffs.
Unpacking Meeting Room and Conference Room Usage
A recent study by Density.io found that:
- Only one person occupies conference rooms 36% percent of the time
- 86% of meetings had fewer than seven attendees
- 14% of sessions had seven or more attendees
- HAYVN reduced its maximum room occupancy by more than 50% to ensure our facility does not exceed recommended limits.
- By size, HAYVN can accommodate 86% of meetings held according to Density.io research.
Four Reasons why this Safe HAYVN in Darien is a great place to hold your meetings
Safe Venue and Meeting Space
HAYVN is flexibly-designed for long-term safety. We have taken steps to maintain healthy business operations and workspace. HAYVN common areas and meeting rooms are sanitized throughout the day to be safe to use for the following users.
HAYVN has incorporated social distancing in its space utilization plan, following and exceeding – local state safety measures.
Reliable Technology Infrastructure
HAYVN helps you run successful hybrid meetings (mixed virtual and in-person) using commercial grade WIFI and large screen monitors for virtual business conferencing needs.
Affordable and Flexible Rentals
Social distancing need not be a show-stopper. Meeting and conference rooms can be rented at a range of $35-$125/hr.
Getting Back to Work
Holding in-person meetings and hybrid events is beginning to make a comeback as more businesses adjust their on-site and remote work policies. Entrepreneurs and companies needing space can take advantage of the various options offered by coworking facilities like HAYVN.
Rebooting your operations can be stressful and sometimes you need alternative resources. Consider renting meeting rooms and conference rooms by the hour. Renting includes access to business amenities that meet or exceed local state health and safety measures.
HAYVN, the perfect socially-responsible meeting venue in Darien, CT is open for business. Book a tour.
Founded in 2018, HAYVN is a flexible workspace for enterprising women (and men) to connect, create and grow. Along with a vibrant & engaged coworking community of entrepreneurs, HAYVN is a business HUB, offering short- and long-term office space leases, meeting rooms rentals, and events to support local businesses. Visit our beautiful safe ‘HAYVN’ at 320 Boston Post Road, Darien, CT, 06820.