Safe HAYVN Rules & Plans
We Are Open, Masks and Rules
FULLY VACCINATED* people — no masks required!
*Full vaccination is achieved 2 weeks following either: 2nd Pfizer or Moderna dose or after single-dose J&J Janssen vaccine.
UNVACCINATED** people MUST WEAR MASKS and socially distance inside building and workspace.
** Masks may be removed only when situated in private offices or designated desks.
Unvaccinated members must continue to socially distance, refrain from handshaking, wash hands regularly, wipe down work surfaces, self-isolate if sick or live with someone who is sick, notify us for confidential contact tracing, quarantine after traveling outside U.S. or as prescribed by CDC and as stated on CT Travel Advisory.
Interested in a vaccine? View the CT Vaccine Portal.
IMPORTANT: Per the CDC, a Close Contact is someone who was within 6 feet of an infected person for a cumulative total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period* starting from 2 days before illness onset (or, for asymptomatic patients, 2 days prior to test specimen collection) until the time the patient is isolated.
HAYVN will take the following steps to maintain a healthy work environment:
- Provide hand sanitizers and tissues in multiple locations
- Remind members and visitors to social distance and wash hands regularly
- Perform routine cleaning and disinfection
- Cap occupancy at 50% of workspace capacity
- Require employees to follow CDC guidelines in carrying out responsibilities
HAYVN’s Safe Workplace Rules
Unvaccinated HAYVN employees, members, and guests are required to practice social distancing within the workspace. Social distancing, as recommended by the CDC, includes taking the following steps:
- Maintain a distance of 6 feet or 2 meters from other people
- Reserve meeting rooms large enough to maintain social distancing guidelines
- Regularly Wash Your Hands: HAYVN members are required to wash their hands upon entry into the workspace. The CDC recommends washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Wipe Work Surfaces Regularly: HAYVN recommends that members bring in their own supply of disposable wipes to clean the surfaces in their private offices.
- Stay Home: HAYVN members who are feeling sick or live with someone who is sick, whether diagnosed with COVID-19 or not, are prohibited from entering HAYVN’s workspace and are advised to stay at home.
- Self-isolate at your residence if you test positive or experience common symptoms.
- Quarantine yourself if you have been in close contact with someone who tests positive or has COVID symptoms.
- Contact Tracing: Contact a HAYVN community manager if you quarantine or self-isolate so that contact tracing of close contacts may be conducted. Your identity will remain confidential.
- Travel: HAYVN members who travel out of country are required quarantine themselves for two weeks following re-entry to the United States and to follow the procedures in the CDC’s CARE: Check and Record Every Day Booklet.
Follow CDC directions on how to Stop The Spread of Germs
HAYVN’s Response Plan
As recommended by the Center for Disease Control, HAYVN has developed rules and procedures for members and guests to follow in situations where possible transmission or exposure to COVID-19 has occurred.
In particular, members or guests who have symptoms of COVID-19, suspect that they may have the virus, have been diagnosed with COVID-19, have had close contact with a person with symptoms of or who has been diagnosed with the virus, please follow the below procedures: