HAYVN HYPE Peer Group
Are you under 30 and looking to grow your career or business, make connections and learn from your peers?
Network with Peers, plus Mentors. Join our monthly peer group in-person meetings at HAYVN from 6pm to 7:30pm.
Discover — Learn — Network — Support — Be Inspired
HYPE is HAYVN’s Young Professionals & Entrepreneurs Group led by Leala Marlin, HAYVN Community Manager and Kat Gunya, from Digital Retail Partners.
This group will bring young entrepreneurs and professionals together to support professional development and strategies for success in their business or their job.
Each meeting we will discuss ways to take your business or career to the next level with support from peers and industry experts.
5 Reasons to Join
- Discover – Explore meeting topics that will impact your life and your career
- Learn From Industry Experts – Learn from professionals and experts in a variety of industries
- Build Your Network – Expand your network and be part of a like-minded young professional community!
- Get Support – Work with a group of professionals to problem-solve and get feedback on career and business challenges
- Get Inspired – Exchange ideas, solve problems and get inspired
- HAYVN Members – Free with Junior Membership (Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the FREE promo code or for information on Junior Membership).
- Non-Members – $20* per session.
- Drinks and light appetizers will be provided
*Your admission fee can be applied as a credit towards a HAYVN Junior Social Membership ($45 p/month or $500 p/year)
Own Your Career Development — June 15, 2023
Own Your Career Development with Carrie Skowronski of Leadology
Driving your own career development is a critical skill where you play the starring role. Join us to gather tips and insights for proactively preparing and initiating effective career conversations with your manager, the next recruiter, or anyone in your network.
Key takeaways include:
- Discover tips to better advocate for yourself in the workplace
- Learn how to bring more of that “main character” energy to your career growth
- ASK ME ANYTHING for some real-time target coaching
About Carrie Skowronski
Carrie Skowronski is the founder + CEO of Leadology, a consulting firm specializing in leadership development programs for new managers. Recognizing that there is a NEW way to lead, she created programs that are focused on supporting and honoring the whole human. In today’s changing marketplace, people need ongoing, customizable, relevant guidance to help maximize their unique potential for making profound contributions and creating positive futures. Check out her Instagram
Cocktails (Mocktails) & Comedy — July 20, 2023
Cocktails (Mocktails) & Comedy Featuring Jenn Lederer
We are ready to go all in to celebrate the summer and community! We’ll gather for connection, conversation, cocktails (and mocktails), and comedy. Enjoy light bites, sip on a summery beverage, and savor some laughter. Whether you are a HAYVN member, an entrepreneurial woman, a young professional/entrepreneur, or just want to connect and laugh, YOU are invited.
That’s right, ALL are welcome!
- $20 HYPE Members
- $35 HAYVN Members
- $50 Non-members
About Jenn Lederer
Jenn Lederer is an NYC based award-winning comedian and keynote speaker. Her work has been featured by SiriusXM, Forbes.com, The Huffington Post, Inspiring Lives Magazine, on stages at YALE, Twitter and Google Headquarters in NYC and comedy clubs throughout New York City and Europe.
Performing all over the country, internationally and virtually, too!, Jenn emcees, leads workshops and keynotes to help audiences learn how to answer the one question everyone hates (but can’t avoid) “What do you do?” with the “comedian’s formula” for educating, connecting, and entertaining.
Networking 101 — August 17, 2023
Networking 101: Grow your business and effortlessly make connections that count with Ashley Langer, Business Socialistas
Ashley will give you the proven tools and strategies to beat social overwhelm and make in-person conversation and connection like a superstar!
Topics will include:
- How to prepare for a networking event
- Who to to talk to and how
- What to do with new contacts made
About Ashley Langer
Ashley Langer is a natural born connector, community builder and networking powerhouse. In 2014 while working at a finance company in NYC, Ashley was solely in charge of an annual networking luncheon at an industry wide conference in Las Vegas. Since then, Ashley founded Business Socialistas as a go-to resource for powerful business connections and critical resources that encourage women to expand their support system.
Monthly Thursday’s Meeting Dates & Topics
- June 15, 2023– Own Your Career Development with Carrie Skowronski. SIGN UP
- July 20, 2023 – Cocktails (Mocktails) & Comedy: Summer Social with Jenn Lederer, Comedian (EWC + HYPE). SIGN UP
- Aug. 17, 2023– Networking 101 with Ashley Langer. SIGN UP
- Sept. 21, 2023 – Topic TBD with is Elizabeth Rincon. SIGN UP
- Oct. 19, 2023 – Charcuterie Board Making with Carolyn Eddie. SIGN UP
- Dec. 14, 2023 – Holiday Social – HYPE + Entrepreneurial Women’s Club. SIGN UP
About Leala Marlin and Kat Gunya
Katherine Gunya graduated from University of St. Andrews with a bachelor of psychology, focusing the social foundations of morality. During her time there, she chaired committee positions with the Opera and Entrepreneurship Societies, wrote and edited for St.ART magazine, sang with the university’s semiprofessional opera company, and was a member of Women in Work. She currently works as the CRM & Marketing Coordinator for Digital Retail Partners, a D2C marketing and digital design agency.
In her free time, Katherine can most often be found hiking, cooking, reading, or meditating.