HAYVN Sandwich Generation
Join others who are balancing their own lives while caring for elderly family members.
Free monthly in-person meetings at HAYVN from 5:30pm-7:30pm. Share the joys and challenges of being in this stage of life.
Come join us for support, education and resources so you can handle these responsibilities with grace and strength.
People are living longer than ever before and adult children often have to step in to help. These responsibilities can come on suddenly and be overwhelming.
This series of monthly meetings are hosted by Meleisa Holek of MLH Consulting. Advisory Board members include Paul and Susan Doyle of Oasis Senior Advisors and Anne McGuire of Healthcare Pathfinder, LLC.
Meeting topics will include:
- February 24, 2022 – Class Roundtable. Why are you here and what is keeping you up at night?
- March 24, 2022 – Caring for the Caregiver. Discussion on setting limits, balancing it all, asking for help and coping strategies for caregivers.
- April 28, 2022 – Life at Home. Tips for daily living, getting in-home help and other considerations for aging in place.
- Additional 2022 Meeting Dates – May 26, June 23, July 28, Aug 25, Sep 22, Oct 27, Nov 17, Dec, 22.
- Future Topics –
- Healthcare and the Aging
- The Aging Brain and Dementia
- Finance and Legal considerations
- Moving to a new home (independent living, assisted living, nursing homes)
- Downsizing and managing a move
- Nearing the End – hospice care, funeral preparations, grief counseling
- Other topics based on group input and interest
Supplemental reading to consider is the book “How to Care for Aging Parents” by Virginia Morris. This is a one-stop resource for all of your medical, financial, housing and emotional issues.
About Meleisa Holek
Meleisa Holek of of MLH Consulting is a well-rounded business leader who makes things happen. Since leaving Corporate America, she has applied her skills locally to mentor small businesses and consult with non-profits. She enjoys doing work that matters and giving back to the community.