HAYVN Roots + Wings
Launch your career journey with resilience — starts October 5th!
20-somethings! Join us for this 4-part workshop series in-person at HAYVN.
Are You Embarking on a (Soon to Be) Post-College Career?
Feeling unsure about the next steps towards building your career? Do you want to feel confident and less stressed about how you present to future employers?
From discovering your career fit, nailing interviews and optimizing LinkedIn profiles, to owning your finances—this series will empower you in navigating your place in the world of work and where you will thrive.
Workshop Series Details
- Dates: Tuesday & Thursday — October 5th, October 7th, October 12th, and October 14th*
- Time: 5pm–7pm
- Cost: $595
- Location: HAYVN, 320 Boston Post Road, Suite 180, Darien CT 06820
*This is a series, must be able to attend all dates. The sessions are intimate, in-person and limited to 8-10 participants.
You Will Learn
- Explore careers that align with your interests, academic priorities and personal passions
- How to speak with confidence on your unique personal brand, and how to pitch yourself to future employers
- How to optimize your LinkedIn profile and develop a networking strategy that suits your personality and brand
- Nailing the interview with 3 mock interviews for sample jobs of interest
- Health & Wellness strategies for managing stress
- How to set yourself up for financial success with lifetime, healthy money habits
- How to interview with future employers and make it a two-way street
- How to network and grow into your directional career path
- Networking opportunities with HAYVN members that span a multitude of industries including design, marketing, publishing, healthcare, real estate, insurance, and more
- Ability to take professional photos in our HAYVN space for LinkedIn (additional charge)
- Opportunities for mock interviews
- Access to a lifetime professional network through networking strategies and connections made throughout the program
Week 1: October 5 — Charting Your Course
How do we take all of our skills from college and the best parts from our personality and passions to find opportunities that will launch a career? And how do we build a network to find opportunities?
- Explore careers: translating interests, education, and skills into professions
- Matching personal and professional values with corporate cultures
- Build a killer LinkedIn profile and expand professional network
Week 2: October 7 — Creating Your Personal and Professional Brand
We all work best when we come from positions of strength. We will perform an assessment to identify our unique strengths and how to leverage them in exploring careers of interest. We will also use our strengths to discover how to enhance our personal brand in an elevator pitch and personal statement to populate LinkedIn, social media, and resume content.
- Embrace Strengthsfinders assessments
- Master the Elevator Pitch and how to promote yourself
- Leverage social media to create a professional digital brand
Week 3: October 12 — Building Confidence: Acing the Interview
Interviewing is a big stressor after college—we get it, it’s uncomfortable! We’re going to teach you how to stop dreading interviews and make them an experience where you feel valued, heard, and confident. This workshop will also include how to build professional networks, secure interviews, exude confidence + avoid “imposter syndrome” during interviews.
- Learn tips and techniques for building and exploiting LinkedIn Network
- Learn the best networking strategies and etiquette to truly build relationships
- Be able to practice with mock interviews and get individualized feedback
Week 4: October 14 — #Adulting
You’re waiting on a callback or have received an offer. Now what? Does saving and creating a budget seem challenging? Does Investing seem intimidating? It doesn’t have to be. We will share key techniques for taking the stress and uncertainty out of creating credit, budgeting and investing.
- Breathe: Life is filled with “seasons.” We will discuss how to manage the highs and lows
- Learn how to create immediate growth in your savings and investment accounts – even if you have no money saved
- Learn key techniques for taking the stress and uncertainty out of saving for retirement, and future financial planning along with building credit
- Learn how to live within your means, understanding taxes (salary vs. take home pay), and preparing a budget (rent and utilities, car payments, insurance, student loans, meals, and “fun”)
Ahern Leadership Coaching
My Word Publishing
InterPlay Health, LLC
Sheed Communications LLC